I know I am so far behind! This last month has just flown by! I can't believe Christmas is just 4 days away! I will admit....I have not finished shopping yet! I've barely started actually! But this is the norm in my life! Always behind!!
This last month has been quite uneventful. We were called in for another growth scan and our boy is just growing by leaps and bounds! At 23 weeks he weighed in at 1 lb. 9 oz. WOW!! He's big. He was "head-down" at this appointment, so we didn't get any profile shots! I was so uncomfortable for about 5 days with him having his head planted squarely on my bladder. I thought I would never make it! But he moved up and we've been OK ever since. His size led the the assumption that gestational diabetes was rearing it's ugly head. I was put on a strict diet and told to expect to fail the glucose tolerance test. Well, I heard from the doctor's office today that I have passed!! WooHoo!! I am so relieved! Ron was a big baby, so maybe that is why this baby is just plain BIG! I'd rather him be big and healthy, rather than small and behind in growth. He is way ahead of the curve and is measuring in the 90th percentile! Wow! A c-section may be in my future & I'm totally OK with that, but my doctor seems to be firmly against it! We'll just wait & see, I don't care how he gets here!
The little bubbles & squirms quickly turned into hefty kicks, and now have turned into bulging rolls that move across my stomach. I really love this part of pregnancy! I wasn't sure I would at first, but I love to sit and watch and feel him wiggle. Ron loves to feel him move! Most mornings before I'm awake, Ron lays his hand on my stomach and I wake up to him smiling and saying, "we've been hanging out while you were asleep!!"
My sister is due in the next 2 weeks. I'm really excited to meet my new nephew, Jackson. I was so distraught when I first found out she was pregnant, but I learned how to handle everything really well. It was hard to accept at first, but everybody can't put their life on hold because of our loss. I'm so lucky to have such an understanding sister, who is very loving & forgiving.
I would be completely honest to say this pregnancy has been vital to our healing process. Everyday is hard and stressful and filled with anxiety (how long has it been since he last moved?), but it's starting to feel like it is all worth it. Maybe this time it will all work out & we'll be able to bring him home. It's impossible to not be completely attached at this point. I love this little guy to pieces & can't wait to meet him!
We started decorating the nursery which is really strange and hard to believe! I have had these plans in my head since January of 2008. To see them actually getting done......it's both exciting and scary at the same time. The "what if's" are still there in the back of my head! I'm excited to finally create all of the home-made projects to decorate his room I have been thinking of for almost two years. And at the same time, scared for things to go wrong and having to avoid that room for months on end once again!
So there's an update about the last month! Ron will take a picture of me this week and hopefully my sister will "cross her legs and sit on her foot" so we can take some photos of our bellies/boys together on Christmas Day!
Here's wishing everyone a very, very Merry Christmas!!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Glad that things are going well and that there is some healing in this pregnancy. Hoping for the best this holiday season for you and your family!!!
ReplyDelete