Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A back-post from March 3

Wow, it's been a while!!
So much has happened I don't know where to start.

Here's the picture I promised of me and my sister on Christmas. She was in labor at the time and made trip to the hospital that night, only to be sent home. I'm the preggo on the right!

Jackson Thomas made his appearance on December 28. As you can see, he's super cute!!!



We're just days away from our due date now and things seem to be getting tough, but OK. I'm tired, but I'm not going to complain at all. I just can't believe it's March and we're now almost 38 weeks. Things are progressing well and I now see the OB every week. I'm nervous, anxious, scared, but also ready. The baby seems to be doing great and no complications have arisen. We're so thankful, but still know how many things can go wrong. The whole "other shoe" dropping fear. It just won't go away.


This nursery is finally finished.

Before..... YIKES!!!



After.......



I've been off of work for a month now. A strange injury to my ankle put me completely out of it for several weeks. I can deal with alot of pain. I mean, I live with a dislocated left hip, but this was excruciating! We ended up in the hospital having a doppler scan to ensure it wasn't a blood clot. It was negative, so they've decided I have a good case of plantar fasciitis. Things have finally gotten better and we've finished the last little things to prepare. We even went out to eat with our best friends last weekend for dinner. That was something I didn't think would happen before our due date. I'm so thankful we got to catch up and visit.


So now we face labor & delivery. We visited the hospital and had our classes, but do you ever feel prepared for this? Especially after what we've been through? I didn't think I could ever set foot on a labor and delivery floor again in my life. I'm thankful we're at a different hospital this time and I think that may have alot to do with it. No horrible memories or associations with location, but the horrible time I had delivering last time still haunts me. I tell myself it's completely different this time, my body is preparing for this. This story will be different than the last and God willing, it will have a happy ending.

So, we wait for this boy to decide when he wants to arrive. I'm miserable, but enjying the last few days or weeks of him playing and rolling. When it gets rough, I just think...."One day, I'm going to miss this" and I get over my self-pitty really fast.
We can't hardly wait to meet this little guy & just pray he's born healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh look at you!

    I'm sending you heaps of happy labour vibes. Kiss the little guy for me when he arrives.

    This story will be SO different.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am praying for a healthy delivery! This is Marissa, the crazy one from Dickinson High School! Ha! Found your blog through Hayley and have been following your pregnancy, hoping all goes well :)! I have a blog too- www.mcclellenmemories.blogspot.com
    Good luck and prayers are with you and family!
    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete