Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He's Here!


Daniel Kaden Gogle arrived March 9, 2010
Screaming, healthy & with the biggest, most beautiful, sapphire blue eyes.



Very first picture




7lbs. 8oz ~ 19.5 inches long. Born at 5:02 a.m.
Christus St. John Hospital in Nassau Bay, Texas!

I am thankful beyond words and we've shed tons of tears of joy. I still can't believe he's here and our story had a happy ending this time. Thank you to everyone here who kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

Kaden's Birth Story

Part I - "But I don't want to go to the hospital tonight....I still need to go to Walmart!"

It was a whirlwind of a birth! I was in complete denial that I was even in labor for the entire day Monday. By 8:00 p.m. there was no denying he was ready to arrive. All day my contractions were a good 1 hour apart. Ron was home and we laid on the sofa all day watching TV and like clock-work, every hour I felt severe back pain. Ron asked if the contractions could go from 1 hour apart to 5 minutes apart quickly. I didn't know. I just knew when they were 5 minutes apart, it was time. About 8:00 pm they went from 1 an hour to one every 5 minutes in a split second. I took a bath and by the time I was finished, I couldn't tell when one contraction from the next. We made our way to the hospital at 11:30 p.m. checked in and I was sure I would be sent home. I had no other signs that I was actually in labor.

Part II - "I'm no hero"

The admitting nurse was going through the motions...put on the gown, give us a urine sample, get in the bed and the nurse will be in to check you. Evidently, many women had come in and been sent home this night and I guess I didn't look like I was in a lot of pain. The nurse checked and got a very concerned look on her face. I was 9 c.m. and just a lip of cervix left. He was almost born at home (or in the car)!! We were to late to have the heaven sent epidural.....I cried after hearing this news and said my famous words "I'm no hero...I need the epi!!" My nurse & Dr. Fulcher died laughing!! It was way to late to get the epi going, so I would have to so this natural. NOT MY PLAN AT ALL! After complaining about heartburn for the two hours, the nurse gave me meds to take care of it......didn't work and Ron got a nice shower of vomit. Poor guy! I never got sick, not one time, the entire pregnancy!

Part III - "Ouch, ouch & (OMG) OUCH"

For 2 more hours we let things progress (and wait for the doctor to deliver another baby next door) with contractions every 1-1/2 to 2 minutes apart....time was dragging by, but I would have thought it was going to be worse pain. At 2:00 am we started pushing. I was horrible at it! Our nurse Missy was wonderful and did a great job teaching me how. I would never have done it without her! After a good 3 hours of pushing and a few stalls due to his heart-rate dropping (scary) the doctor was finally finished next door and came in to deliver our boy! As he walked in he ordered a surgery table and informed me I would need an episiotomy. Lots more crying from me!!! I pushed two times while the doctor was in the room and Kaden was born. He didn't cry at first and I laid there begging Ron and the nurse to tell me why I couldn't hear him. Dr. Fulcher was massaging him and wasn't worried. Ron wasn't worried either....I didn't know he was watching Kaden move his hands and feet. I couldn't see that happening.....I was sure something went horribly wrong.

Part IV - That amazing sound

Then I heard a faint small cry and Ron & I both completely lost it. Lots of tears! He was here! He was taken to his bassinet to get some oxygen and have his vitals and measurements taken. Then they brought him to me and laid him on my chest. I was in total shock. His lips are the most beautiful heart shape! He has his dads blue eyes. He laid there completely quiet looking right at me. It was truly amazing and I felt I knew him my whole life. I still couldn't believe he made it here...alive & healthy. Words just can't explain!


Memories from Kaden Birthday!




Sunset from our hospital window on your true birthday!

Heading home.


Last time I walked out of the hospital, sat on the bench and waited for Ron to pick me up....tears streaming down my face, feeling the entire world was moving in slow motion around me.


This time I was wheeled out in a wheelchair with you on my lap. No words can describe how that felt......it was hard to not think about her......but I was happy.


Home sweet Home!


Home resting.....we love you sweet boy....more than words could ever express! You've made our life complete! We are so blessed to be your parents.

4 comments:

  1. Heaps of congratulations and welcome to the world sweet Daniel!

    HUGS to you all.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful/handsome baby boy! And you are a HERO because I don't think I could do that! Can't wait to see pictures of your growing little man! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have me in tears... So happy for you and your little miracle baby boy! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete