Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Well, that really sucks!

When I was in the hospital, I had one amazing nurse.
I loved her so much.
She was real, not "fake sorry".
The hospital where I had Emma gives a special award every year to a nurse.
It's called the "Silent Angel" award.
I thought it was very fitting to nominate this amazing nurse for this award.
My sister works for this hospital (even in the same department).
She called to remind me and sent me the info of where to submit it.
I spent two days writing a "vanilla/politically correct" version of our story.
It was hard.
But I did it.
And sent it to the director.
Asking that my name please be retracted, if this was read in a public setting, for my own safety.
They understood and thanked me for nominating this nurse even in a time of my own emotional pain.

Should I be suprised that my letter was lost/not submitted?
I'm assuming someone had a problem with it.

And now I have a problem with it!
I'm PISSED & somewhat hurt.
Thank you for that UTMB!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled on your blog through McKmama's blog and I love it!! Thank you for being honest and not holding back. I will put you on my prayer list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Mckmama, too. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete